Focusing is a natural way of being with and listening to our bodily experiencing, to our deeper wisdom. Focusing can be used in many different situations. It’s a wonderful self-care practice, it enhances personal growth and therapeutic work of all kinds, it has been used by activists for self-care and conflict resolution, and enhances creativity.
Focusing supports us in developing a compassionate listening to our bodily felt experience. It creates a safe, non-judgemental “being with” our own experience that enables forward movement and change.
- British Focusing Association
Focusing is a peer-to-peer partnership practice and can also be done solo. It is a very safe, gentle and also powerful practice. We learn to listen to our bodily felt experience/inner knowing through a process of tuning in to our felt sense, listening for symbols (words, movements, physical sensations, images, memories) that match our inner experience and then respectfully creating an inner relationship with that experience.
Personally speaking, I am extremely passionate about Focusing. It has been transformative in my own life, enabling me to develop a healthier relationship to my emotions, so that I can experience them without either being cut-off from them or overwhelmed by them. It has also helped me with a deeper knowing, like an inner compass where I can sense into the heart of the matter more easily and understand myself more accurately. I also experience more strength, tenderness, empathy, resilience and joy!
I am particularly interested in the relationship between Focusing and how this helps us to be with other people, especially in parenting. Focusing has had a profoundly positive impact on my parenting. Being able to be with my own experiences including difficult and overwhelming emotions helps me to be with my children’s experiences with much more tenderness and true empathy. Focusing enables me to parent myself and all the different parts of me so that I can parent my children in the way I want to!
- I offer a free 20 minute Zoom call to meet me and find out about the course. Please contact me to arrange a time.
- The course is an introduction to Focusing and you will learn how to focus and also how to be a listener.
- You will receive handouts/booklet to accompany the course
- The course will be largely experiential with input from me, group practices, focusing partnership time and time for questions and sharing.
- This course makes up the first block of 5 that would give you the British Focusing Association Certificate in Focusing Skills, should you wish to go down that route.
- It will be a small group of maximum approximately 7 people.
- It starts on Monday 6th November 2023 12 – 2.30pm for 5 weeks.
- We will have a 15 min break in that time.
- Cost is £180
- Some concessions and payment plans are available
Registration and payment
- I require a deposit of £40 to secure your place
- I need full payment of £180 by Monday 30th October please
- This payment is generally non-refundable if I can’t fill your place. However I aim to be as flexible and accommodating as possible while balancing the demands of my business. Of course, if I cancel the course for any reason, any payment will be fully refunded.
- I will send you payment details
Contact me for more details.
Emotional well-being, self-care and resilience
I teach courses and workshops on focusing, mindfulness, self-compassion, gratitude, and emotional resilience.
I care deeply about how we develop emotional well-being, positive mental health and psychological resilience. I have explored and learnt many practices for this, that are now integral to my own life.
In doing these practices, I have found it not only profoundly impacts on my own well-being, but in turn, has a deeply positive impact on my children, through my parenting.
I also teach focusing which is the practice that has had the most profound and transformative impact in my own life. I teach it both individually and in groups.
Please contact me to find out more
Find out more about focusing.